GRAND CITY OF IVANO-FRANKIVSK
The modern Ivano-Frankivsk was meant as a city-fortress, by the idea of “an ideal city” known since Renaissance epoch. There were only three such cities. The architect happened to be Francois Corassini, and his successor was Carlo Benoy.
They created the marvelous “star-city” – that was the symbol and the main idea of the medieval ideal city. Stanyslaviv was surrounded by strong walls, there were plenty of temples, and the Ratusha was in the center.
The history is embodied in the unique monuments, such as Sheptytsky Square, Ratusha (city hall), Pototsky Palace, the gallery “Bastion”, monuments devoted to Ivan Franko, Adam Mitskevych and others.
5 REASONS TO VISIT IVANO-FRANKIVSK
1. THE ATMOSPHERE. The streets of Ivano-Frankivsk are festy. Street musicians and fairs create an feeling of a celebration.
2. THE HISTORY. The city has a long and fascinating history that amazes and excites.
3. HOSPITALITY. People in Ivano-Frankivsk are very friendly and will happily welcome you in their city.
4. THE MUSEUMS. In the Art Museum, you can see the iconography, baroque plastic of Thomasz Hutter, Conrad Hutschenreuther, Joan-George Pinzel, paintings by the Unterbergs brothers, ancient church books and much more.
5. THE ARCHITECTURE. Magnificent buildings and street make you fall for the city immediately.